Do you need air conditioning repairs?
If it’s been over a year since the last maintenance of your air conditioning system, it’s time to have your unit serviced. Whether your system is working fine or has developed a functional issue, it’s always worth calling an air conditioning repair team for annual maintenance to ensure no unexpected problems arise. As one of the best air conditioning repairers in Canberra, some of the most common issues we fix include:
- Leaks — From minor oil leaks to chemical refrigerant leaks, a puncture in your system can quickly become dangerous to humans and animals. Not to mention your system will work harder to make up for it.
- Bad smells — Whether the unpleasant odour is coming from the vents of your ducted reverse cycle or a split system, it’s time to call an air conditioning repair service.
- No cool air or limited airflow — As a common issue for poorly functioning units, this is one of the main reasons why people call us for air conditioning maintenance. A frozen evaporator cell filled with refrigerant is a common cause of limited airflow, absorbing the heat from the air like a sponge. Coils need warm air circulation to operate, or else they will get too cold and form ice, causing warm air or no air to come from your air conditioner.
- An overworked unit — Your outdoor unit’s condenser coils expel heat from the air outside the building. If the coil is covered with dirt or grime, it won’t operate properly, causing your air conditioner to work harder than it should. An overworked unit often leads to parts needing replacement or even an overall system failure.
- Fan issues — Your unit will have two fans; one to blow indoor air over the evaporator coil and into your home, and the other to blow air over the outdoor unit’s condenser. A faulty motor, lack of lubrication, worn belts or too much dirt and debris will cause poor airflow and lead to issues. You should stay on top of this and book a service as soon as possible. Neglecting the problem will cause a compressor failure which is often irreparable.
- Thermostat problems — An old-style dial-up thermostat might be incorrectly calibrated, causing your unit to receive the wrong instructions from its control system. Replacing or recalibrating your thermostat should resolve the issue.
- Clogged drains — Moisture from the air empties through a drain line, into a pan and down the drain. If the drain clogs or the pan gets full, the water can back up, damaging your unit and presenting the risk of mould growth.
What to expect from Climate Plus’ air conditioning repair service
When temperatures in Canberra start to climb during hot summers or fall on cold winter nights, the last thing you want is your air conditioner to stop working. Whether a central unit or a split system, air conditioners are vital to keeping cool during the hot summer months. If your AC unit breaks down, calling a professional air conditioning repair service will get it fixed as soon as possible, before the heat becomes too unbearable.
But why wait for an issue to rise? At Climate Plus, we suggest having your air conditioner serviced annually to prevent the risk of an untimely breakdown and to ensure optimal efficiency. If you use your air conditioner heavily, you should consider servicing it more often. By booking an air conditioning repair or service with Climate Plus, you can count on expert technicians to thoroughly inspect your unit for any issues and provide you with a suitable quote. By organising regular services with us, you won’t have to worry about upkeep — our experienced team will ensure you’re in good hands.
What to do before and after your air conditioning repair service
Before an air conditioning repair service, please ensure clear and safe access to the maintenance hole inside your home and to the system outside.
Our technicians will test your system to ensure it is ready to go!
Book your next service with Climate Plus — your trusted Canberra locals
Are you looking for a quality air conditioning repair service in Canberra? Request service online at Climate Plus, and we will fit you in right away! We will ensure your system is always working at its best, keeping your family safe and comfortable. Our qualified electricians and plumbers are always ready to assist with hot water installation, electrical works or safety checks for your home! So what are you waiting for? Get in touch today!
How long does air conditioning maintenance take?
The length of time that air conditioning service and maintenance takes will depend on several factors, ranging from the type of air conditioner you have to whether any parts need replacing. A simple cleaning of a split system air conditioning unit can be done in well under an hour, while a ducted evaporative cooling system that needs a repair might take longer. As we strive to be the best air conditioning repairers in Canberra, we will always work as efficiently as possible.
How often is an air conditioning service and maintenance recommended?
You should not go more than 12 months without maintenance of your air conditioning system. If you use your system heavily then you should consider getting it serviced more frequently. Regular air conditioning maintenance keeps your system operating efficiently and ensures there is no build-up of dirt and dust, and that the fans and filters are clear and unobstructed.
How can I check if my air conditioning system needs a repair?
The biggest sign that you should call for air conditioning repair in Canberra is when the temperature is not getting lower, or if it is significantly different from what you have set on the thermostat. In smart zone systems, this might mean one room isn’t getting cooler, or that all rooms are not getting to the desired temperature. Because the underlying problem could be as simple as blocked ducting or as serious as a leaking compressor unit, calling in a professional air conditioning repair person is always recommended.
When can I book an air conditioning maintenance for?
Air conditioning maintenance should be booked as soon as you notice a drop in efficiency or, at the very least, yearly. Evaporative systems are best serviced between September and February, while ducted gas heating systems should be serviced just before winter. As the best air conditioning repairers in Canberra, we get quite busy during the summer when most people realise they need to get their units cleaned and serviced, so it’s best to book in early. Jump online to book your air conditioning repair or service right away with our service partner Climate Plus.