What is a ducted gas heater?
Installing ducted gas heating in Canberra is a popular choice, in no small part due to the oft-freezing temperatures during winter. Gas ducted heaters re-circulate the air in your home via an insulated duct, with the air passing through a gas-fired heat exchanger to provide your home with toasty, warm air.
How to choose a ducted gas heater for your home
If you’re thinking of replacing an existing system or installing ducted gas heating for the first time, there are a number of points to consider. All of these factors will influence the ducted gas heating installation cost and installation time.
If you already have an existing ducted gas heater:
- Ducting can deteriorate over time, so your current ducting will need to be inspected before a new installation to see whether it can be reused or whether replacing it will be necessary.
- Newer models of heater will generally require a larger grille, so speak with your consultant to see if your current one is large enough or will need to be replaced.
- If you currently have on/off zones designated in your home, are you happy with them? Replacing your ducted gas heater can be an opportunity to rethink which rooms you want heated or kept cool throughout the year. This can be particularly important if the way you use your house has changed over the years since the last installation.
If you don’t have an existing ducted gas heater:
- Your home’s floor plan, the size of those rooms and how many levels you have in your home can influence what sort of system you need installed; large ducted systems may also require three-phase power, which is an additional cost both now and into the future.
- The ease or difficulty of installing a ducted system is heavily influenced by whether your house is built out of brick, weatherboard or another material. This influences the space left inside the walls, as well as the ease of accessing it for installation.
- The same applies for the type of roofing used in your home; certain styles, such as flat roofing, can make access quite difficult.
Ready for a quote? It's easy!
Send us your floor plan and address, it's all we need to quote!Request a quote
What features do you want included with you ducted heating?
When you’re considering gas ducted heating installation, there there are a number of features to consider:
- On/Off Zones — Not every part of your home is used equally, so you don’t want to waste heat, energy and money warming up all of it at the same time. Simple on/off zones allow you to turn off a room or part of your home that you don’t want to heat.
- Temperature Controlled Zoning — Brivis offer a zoning control system with individualised temperature control across the various zones. At Climate Master, we can provide additional information during the quoting process.
- Controls — All Brivis and Bonaire systems we install come with a user-friendly controller with a 7-day timer.
- Wi-Fi Control — Bonaire and Brivis gas heaters are both available with Wi-Fi control, so you can control your system from wherever you want.
Duct — All our gas heaters come standard with R1.0 duct, with an option to upgrade to R1.5 duct. Climate Master installers have also undertaken a duct installation course. We ensure a quality install every time, to make sure there’s no energy loss and even airflow.
What about the duct?
Ask about upgrading your gas heater to R1.5 duct (ducted gas heaters come with R1.0 duct)
Climate Master installers have all undertaken a duct installation course, ensuring a quality install every time to make sure of no energy loss and even air flow.
Running costs and efficiency
Most older gas heater models are between 2 and 3 stars energy rating — not every energy efficient by modern standards. However, newer ducted gas heaters typically have a much higher efficiency of around 6 stars; here at Climate Master, we aim to provide you with the most energy-efficient model possible.
Gas ducted heating installation from Canberra locals
For more than 25 years, Climate Master has been working with locals to help them stay at the right temperature, all year round. To discover more about the ducted gas heating installation cost in Canberra, contact us today — we can easily provide you with a quote to suit your home.