What is smart zoning?
A smart zoning system is an excellent way to enhance your new ducted reverse cycle air conditioner. It enables you to provide temperature control and on/off operation in each designated “zone” of your house. So, for example, you can enjoy a comfortable 20 degrees in your lounge room on a hot summer’s day, while the unused spare room has its door closed and the zone off.
This also helps reduce the thermal impact on your home; different areas in your home typically tend to cool and heat at different rates, particularly during the day when they’re exposed to the sun from different angles. Smart zoning can help address this issue and allow the relevant part of your home to stay at a comfortable temperature, no matter the time of day or year.
Your smart zoning system can also be attached to your wi-fi, allowing you to adjust temperatures and turn off zones from your phone — both from the comfort of your lounge or remotely when you are out and about. So when you arrive back home, you can rest assured that the right part of your house will be exactly the right temperature.
Benefits of smart zoning
Smart zoning places you in the driver’s seat when it comes to controlling the temperature in your home. We’re firm believers that you should be able to create an environment that suits the various members of your family according to their own needs and preferences.
- Temperature control — Set different temperatures in every room. With up to 16 zones available, your family can establish their own comfort levels.
- Turn any room on or off — With up to half the house able to be switched off at one time, you’re able to tightly control which rooms are being heated or cooled.
- Remote access — Adjust the temperature, turn your entire system or individual zones on and off from anywhere, via your smartphone.
- Make a smaller system go further — If your home’s structures (e.g. available roof or wall space) limit the size of the air conditioning system that will fit, a smart zoning system can help you use your system more effectively. It can ensure that only the right areas of your home are being heated or cooled.
- Running costs and efficiency — Smart zoning harnesses the thermal energy in your home and means you can stop heating and cooling unused areas of your home, which in turn helps decrease your running costs and energy consumption.
Can I add smart zoning to my existing system?
It varies. Many older systems aren’t effectively equipped to support smart zoning. Additionally, the ducting will typically need to be modified or replaced. However, get in touch with Climate Master — we’ll be able to give you a clear picture of whether your system can be modified to add smart zoning.
Running costs & Efficiency
Smart zoning harnesses the thermal energy in your home and means you can stop heating and cooling unused areas of your home, decreasing your running costs and energy consumption!
Get your home into the smart zone today!
Climate Master has been providing air conditioning solutions to Canberra for more than 25 years. So if you’re looking for a smart zoning installation in Canberra, reach out to the experts today — we’ll be more than happy to provide you with the information you need to get your home smart zoned as soon as possible.